San Juan County Economic Development here with some questions for director Meghan McFall about the upcoming trainings USU Blanding Small Business Development Center is putting on.
What would you tell our businesses in San Juan County about this series and how to tell if attending is going to help them?
Back to Business:
The back to business series is a fun series focused on the changes in the business that COVID has brought. Ryan Murray has talks about the changes we have seen over the last six months but also how to move forward starting today to have a meaningful impact on your bottom line, financial statements, and your team. The best part is he gives you downloadable worksheets, so you can revisit the information time and time when you need a refresher.
Tuesdays with Microsoft:
If you are like me, you know the basics for Microsoft programs, and that has gotten you by, but do you know how to take that program you use every day and maximize them to make your life easier for business? This training series will breakdown each software application under Microsoft 365 bundle and show us how to maximize each application for our business. Everything from Excel on the September 15th, Power Automate and SharePoint, they will train them all.
90-day Digital Marketing Series:
The purpose of the series is to start at the beginning of digital marketing, and by the end, create a Digital Marketing Plan for 2021 that will attract your Ideal Client based on the things that you discover about your business and your branding style through this class. Marketing is every changing and evolving. Although this sounds like it is a beginner's class because marketing is always evolving and trending, this series would be great for businesses at all levels. This series will be taught from local, state, and national experts in these areas. The following courses will be part of this series:
Transforming your business with story (identifying your Ideal Client based on your business story and how to target your ideal client with it)
The Power & Opportunity of Branding
Creating Your Website
Social Media Marketing
Creating Sales Funnels
Blogs & Vlogs to build Traffic
Creating a Podcast for longer-term growth
Creating a Digital Marketing Plan for 2021
New businesses, old businesses, potential business starters, who is going to benefit from these presenters?
Back to Business:
Due to the changes due to COVID, it doesn't matter what level of business we are all; we are all starting at the same places when handling these changes. Companies at all levels would gather significant information from this presentation. The business that would have the most significant impact would be old businesses or businesses that have been in business for 18 months or more.
Tuesday with Microsoft:
All levels of business and anyone who would like to learn how to operate these different applications.
90-day Digital Marketing Series:
This is for any business who is feeling like they need a boost in marketing or questions on digital marking specific. This is great for all levels of business.
Part of the series incorporates Microsoft presenters. What sort of software will they be discussing?
They will be going through the Microsoft 365 Bundle. I asked for this because it has all their applications in the bundle, but it is also the most business-friendly as well. This bundle includes the basic applications we all know like Word, Ecel, and PowerPoint, but also the following applications:
· Microsoft Outlook includes an email client, calendar, address/contact book and task manager. The personal information manager is mainly used for emailing and can be used in integration with a Microsoft SharePoint server to share documents, calendars and information within an organization.
· Microsoft OneNote is an application to gather handwritten or computer typed notes, drawings and audio commentaries. The note taking program makes it possible to easily share the notes with other OneNotes users. It is also perfect for note taking on-the-go.
· Microsoft Publisher is a similar app to Microsoft Word. Unlike Word, it focuses more on the page layout and design rather than the text composition. The desktop publishing application is useful for small businesses with the need to create marketing materials.
· Microsoft Access in its simplest form is a database management system. The application can store data in its own format or can import and link directly to data stored in other applications. It supports a variety of standard field types and forms to display and enter data.
· Microsoft Sway is a presentation program. Content can be pulled locally or from an Internet source directly. Another integration service of Sway presentations include YouTube or Facebook content.
· Microsoft SharePoint is a platform in which teams can collaborate, access, manage, and share data from any location. The web-based collaborative platform is a highly efficient content management system.
o Workflows on SharePoint creates an automated process for tasks such as
document approval. This features gives you time to focus on more integral things
throughout the day.
o SharePoint Project Site is a useful project management tool. It assigns certain tasks and responsibilities to people, manages project-related documentation and tracks team events on a shared calendar.
o SharePoint PerformancePoint delivers insights on a company's performance. The service application creates Business Intelligence dashboards that can include scorecards, filters and custom reports to measure performance.
· Yammer is an enterprise social networking service and another major collaboration tool within Office 365. Employees who have access to it can join a private chat within the organization. The service enables users to safely collaborate, share pictures and documents and create groups related to work and interests.
· Skype for business is an enterprise software that enables features like instant messaging, Voice over IP (VoIP) or video conferencing.
· Microsoft Teams features workplace chats, meetings, notes and attachments for teams. It can also integrate extensions of non-Microsoft products.The Microsoft Team workspace is designed to bring people and content together and assists with tools needed for the team to collaborate.
· OneDrive is a file hosting service and allows to store files as well as personal data in a cloud. The files can be synchronized to the computer, downloaded or shared with other people.
· Office Delve is like a search machine for Office 365. The users can search and manage their emails, meetings, contacts, social networks and documents stored in OneDrive. Artificial Intelligence helps filtering the most relevant people and content.
· MyAnalytics shows how people spend their time and who they spend it with the most. MyAnalytics is a private dashboard that analyzes work habits. It can, for example, document meeting hours, email hours, focus hours and after hours. Based on the data, MyAnalytics helps to increase productivity, set goals and monitor progress for higher impact. The dashboard is private and can not be accessed by anyone else within the company. It tracks, monitors and analyzes personal growth and makes recommendations for healthier work habits.
· Power Business Intelligence (BI) is a cloud based suite of business analytics. It enables users to connect, visualize and analyze data with higher speed, efficiency and understanding. A broad range of live data is connected through easy-to-use dashboards. Users can provide and access interactive reports and compelling visualizations of the data. Data can be turned into insights and actions.
· Microsoft Forms is a tool that allows users to quickly create quizzes, surveys, questionnaires, and registrations. Data can easily be transferred to excel or built-in data analytics such as Power BI to visualize it and use for further actions.
So save the date! Below is information and a link to get you started on the road to a successful business. .
September 8th, 6 pm – 7 pm: Microsoft Teams
This free one-hour virtual workshop introduces you to Teams, the hub for teamwork from Microsoft 365. Teams is a shared workspace where you can chat, meet, share files, and use business apps.
Register today! http://bitly.ws/9APd